Structural adhesive bonds have replaced mechanical fasteners, stud welding and assembly techniques in many applications such as Marine, Automotive, Industrial Assembly, Sign, Specialty Vehicle, Aerospace, and Military.
The advantages of using structural adhesives to bond over other joining techniques include:
- Lower costs with no drilling, tapping, or welding.
- Decreased major equipment needs and safety/fire watch requirements.
- Reduced weight.
- Omission of holes to avoid water leakage.
- Elimination of stress point concentrations with even distribution of entire bonded surface.
- Improved load-bearing capacity and fatigue resistance.
- Lessened galvanic corrosion when the adhesive acts as an insulator when bonding dissimilar metals.
- Resistance to shock, vibration, and thermal cycling over mechanical or welded assemblies.
- Enhanced structural appearance by eliminating protrusions, punctures, and attachments.
- Decreased number of visual fasteners.
The Weld Mount adhesively-bonded fastener system is a unique line of fasteners and adhesives designed to bond to almost any surface without extensive training which eliminates the high costs associated with welding, drilling, and tapping. The fasteners— including wire ties, clamps, studs, standoffs, and floating nut plates—are matched with our high-strength acrylic adhesives to permanently bond to almost any surface for a variety of applications including:
- Metal bonding.
- Accessory mounting.
- Electrical wire management.
- Battery cables.
- Pump and panel mounting.
- Crane surface mounting.
- Hydraulic lines.
- Vent attachments.
How to use Weld Mount
Contact a Specialist
We're here when you need us, every step of the way.